The fine art of special plant engineering.
Engineering and construction of special processing plants is our core business. In this regard we offer engineering support from the initial idea up to the corresponding system implementation.
Since we do not sell any pre-fabricated system components and are not bound to specific types of apparatus or devices; we simply provide plant systems that are tailored to your effective needs.
A proper and customer-specific technological concept under consideration of given options and local conditions is a vital fundament of any successful plant project.
- Survey of user requirements (URS)
- Definition of project objectives in cooperation with customer
- Mass and energy balances, process simulation
- Technology evaluation, process selection
- Layout concept(s), evaluation/comparison of available options
- Feasibility studies, cost estimates
The most important and central document of basic engineering is the Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID).
P&IDs require comprehensive consideration of relevant technical aspects, such as but not limited to process engineering, operational safety and process control, service friendliness, pipeline classes, instrumentation function/cost, international/customer-specific standards, etc. and form a major document for subsequent detail engineering.
The scope of supplied Engineering Documents is tailored customer-specifically and usually includes following documents:
- Basic flow charts
- Process flow sheets
- Process and/or method description
- Material flow lists, mass balances
- Risk analysis
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), lists of piping, insulation specification, etc.
- Major process sequences
- Apparatus specifications, equipment lists
- Specification of instrumentation as well as measuring and control devices, lists of instrumentation
- Utility supply specifications
Despite future-proof concepts and solid basic engineering we are used to also cover the numerous geared details of comprehensive special plants.
Amongst others, our services include:
- 3D-design down to the point of manufacturing drawings for special designed plants/components
- Control system design (wiring diagrams / EPlans, etc.)
- Carving out relevant processing details (logic diagrams, functional tables, interfaces, etc.) up to its implementation in a PLC or process visualisation software
- Overall plant documentation and/or detailed documentation of special designed components
Optimisation of Existing Plants/Processes
Within a systematic approach, the following stages are understood as essential:
- Process and/or equipment survey taking existing operating data, running costs as well as mass and energy flows into account
- Carving out feasible alternatives and suggestions for improvement
- Consistent evaluation/ranking of feasible options considering both, technical and cost aspects
- Execution or support of implementation of taken measures towards to corresponding on-site services
By combining know-how and inter-divisional experience, we can provide and/or develop optimised solutions:
- Improving cycle times, First Pass Yields (FPY) and product quality
- Decreasing/avoiding “pollution cascades” (off-solution volumes, etc.)
- Revamp of performance relevant key-components
- Increasing plant availability, optimising constrictive utility supplies and removing bottlenecks